For nearly 7 months I have been thinking, praying, planning, worrying, rejoicing, and wondering about whether or not I would return to Ocean City, MD as a student-intern this coming summer. Throughout the process I have felt confident in that being the Lords plan for me, but have also had my days where I have felt that I was living in a dream world. Shortly after Radiate, Carol (the associate project director) and I began discussing my plans for the upcoming summer. As I wrestled with my desire to be in Ocean City and my responsibility as a student, it began to not look so promising. I was under the impression that I had to be in Newport News taking classes this summer and that anything but school was out of the question for Summer 2011. After talking with my advisor and the head of the department I was informed that there were other ways to go about getting my classes completed before May 2012. Praise.the.Lord.
On February 25th, 2011 I received an email from Michael Frey notifying me that I had been accepted as a student-intern. So here begins another journey on the beaches of Ocean City, MD - another summer full of the 3 Jacks, worship on the beach, lunches with life groups, discipleship, Bible study, the Darby, the bay, Assateague, family night, women's time, Atlantic, laundromats, Panera, Pastor Ayers, WaWa, the Frey's, the Baker's, lifelong friendships, and most importantly - intimacy with God. I am excited for the new challenges that this summer will bring, though I question my capability. But hey, I am incapable. I know that there is no way I could do this on my own, but our gracious God has called me to this position and will equip me for the role. How exciting!!!!
Support letters have been sent out, the deposit has been mailed, and now I just wait...wait for God to provide and blow my mind once again. Please join me in praying for the students of OCMDSP 2011 - for them to trust God every step of the way, watch patiently as He provides, and accept new challenges presented to them during, before, and after project. I could use some prayer as well :) that I may rely on the Spirit every step of the way and be a humble servant leader.
Jenna, I love your description of OCMD SP. Make's me wish I was coming with ya! God has great things in store and I love how you are learning to wait on Him...
ReplyDelete-Grace