Tuesday, May 3, 2011

100%

...and then some.

I'm so stubborn.
God is sovereign and proves it to me time after time, yet I somehow still feel the need to stress, plan, and play "what if" with myself.

Finals week I decided to not check my mailbox until Friday, in hopes of that simple action calming my nerves when it came to support raising. In many ways, I was fasting from checking my mail! Sounds silly, I know. Each time that temptation to check my mail snuck up (which was even more difficult when I was working in the mailroom) I had to pray for strength to not slip my little key in box #3456. Tougher than it may sound.

Friday, April 29th I got to experience the thrill of checking my mail for the first time in a week. I took a little detour on the way to work so that I could make a stop at my box. I fumbled for my key, turned it clockwise, and peeked in the little opening.....there were envelopes!!! In the seconds it takes to grab them and read the address line, I reminded myself that even if they weren't support, it would be ok. God is still good.

One was an Easter card from my mom :)
The other was a check.
Two hours later, I was told about two more checks being sent my way.
Later that day, another person said they would write me a check -
getting me to 100%.
After signing into MPD (a really helpful tool Cru uses for support raising), I clicked on "donations" and found an online donation from a month ago.
wow.
WOW.
WOW!!

I am so thankful for all of the support - both financially and through prayer. I'm blown away!! Thank you to everyone who is helping reach others in OCMD. Thank you God for calling me to go and providing what it takes to get there. Thank you Jesus for giving us a message to share.

Please continue to pray for financial support for the students and staff. It's crunch time! The perfect time for doubts and lies to creep in. Please also pray for the unity of the project.

Countdown: 17 days.
It's all beginning to play though my head - beautiful sunsets on the beach, the comfort of the 3 Jacks, great conversations, the love from the community at Stevenson, the busy schedule that I somehow love, the stuff God brings up that challenges you in ways you least expect...the list could go on forever....



2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that you're at 100%! My brother and I are at 90% together. God is so good! I'm sure you're heading off to OC soon. Say hi to the Slippery Rock folks, I know two of them. Looking forward to hearing about the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this on fbook and read.. you brought some tears to my eyes! I have been praying for you from England- that God would 1. Provide financially 2. Shower you with deep joy 3. That you have big expectations and big dreams for your experience! You are awesome & I wish you allll the best in OC.

    ReplyDelete